How do I know I need an eye test?
Regular eye examinations are more than a correction of your vision. They are an essential check on the health of your eye.
We recommend an eye test at least every one or two years, even if you believe your eyesight is perfect and whether or not you wear spectacles.
What happens during an eye test?
Eye tests at For Eyes Optometrists are detailed examination of your eye health and will involve a number of steps:
- Pre-screening involving an auto-refractor. We gather information about the power of your eyes, the shape of the front surface of your eye, and intra-ocular pressure.
- Retinal scanning of the back of your eye.
- Discussion of your visual needs and medical history.
- Measurement of your visual acuity
- Assessment of your eye health
- Recommendations to maintain or improve your visual performance.